This week, TEDWomen 2015 will bring a diverse group of big thinkers together to explore, prod, examine and investigate the state of women in the world today, celebrating the female inventors, designers, artists, activists, innovators and pioneers creating forward momentum for global change.
And as the conference unfolds in Monterey, nearly 250 satellite TEDxWomen events will be watching live from their own communities, gathering for conversation, discussion and ideas from their own cities and towns.
In Algiers, Berlin, Buenos Aires, Shanghai, Bloomington and beyond, TEDx’ers are organizing TEDxWomen events around day two of the conference (Thursday, May 28) watching live talks via webcast and bringing in local speakers in venues of all kinds.
On our website you can find all TEDxWomen events happening around the world — but, as a teaser, here are some TEDxWomen events to look out for on Thursday:
- In China, TEDxSuzhouWomen will be broadcasting TEDWomen in the Kunqu Opera Theatre, a landmark of the city dedicated to Kunqu Chinese theater. The event will feature local speakers and several performances, all followed by dinner and discussion in a traditional Chinese garden.
- TEDxJerusalemWomen will pair the stream of TEDWomen with talks in English and Hebrew, performances, and an open mic session, allowing members of the audience to share their idea worth spreading in five minutes or less.
- For the past month, the team at TEDxAmoskeagMillyardWomen in Manchester, New Hampshire has been sending a giant TEDx red X around the city. The X has been spotted at the local university, popular restaurants, beloved businesses and even at the local airport, says event organizer Pamme Boutselis, and has been garnering excitement around the upcoming event. The big day will feature seven local speakers and a lot of discussion around the TEDWomen talks.
- In Papeete, French Polynesia, TEDxPapeeteWomen will pair a session of TEDWomen with programming focused on women in Tahiti — including local speakers, a photography exhibit and an opportunity for attendees to do rapid-fire discussion sessions with speakers. The day will include big ideas in French, English and Tahitian.
- TEDxSanPedroSulaWomen will be the first TEDxWomen event in Honduras. Taking place in the country’s second largest city, the (free) event is sold out and will explore ideas around empowering women in Latin America.
These are just a handful of the many great events centered on this week’s conference. We’ll be sharing more great TEDxWomen events soon!