Audience members at TEDYouth
TEDxYouth Weekend is a series of TEDxYouth events — TEDx events organized by and for youth — taking place all around the world November 19 and 20. This year’s theme is: What Now?
TEDxYouth@Valladolid will bring 400 students together to watch talks and share ideas (Photo: TEDxYouth@Valladolid)
In Bangkok, Gongju, Cairo, Faridabad, Budapest, Boston, Madrid, San Pedro Sula, Tokyo and more places around the world, young people will be gathering to watch TEDxYouth Weekend talks — curated from the TED, TEDx and TED-Ed libraries — and sharing insights and performances of their own.
The team at TEDxYouth@Tokyo prepare for TEDxYouth Weekend 2016 (Photo: TEDxYouth@Tokyo)
How can you get involved?
1. Find a youth event near you using our event finder — some events still have space open.
2. Encourage a young person you know to become a TEDxYouth Weekend Youth Reporter. Have them fill out the form here.
3. Watch our TEDxYouth Weekend playlists, all centered on the theme “What Now?”
- Life on the web. Are we safe on the internet? We’ll be exploring ideas behind viral videos, how we share information online and what it means to maintain privacy.
- The meaning of “we”. What does it mean to be a part of a global community? And, how do we navigate our way through a world that is becoming more and more diverse?
- Challenge the status quo. We will explore ideas behind prejudice around the world and its effect on gender, culture and race.
- Short and fun! Ever wondered about dancing robots? Or, the best way to use a paper towel? These talks are for you!
4. Follow (and tweet) the action this weekend using the hashtags #TEDxYouthWeekend and #WhatNow.
A young speaker at TEDxYouth@Madrid (Photo: TEDxMadrid)
Happy TEDxYouth Weekend 2016!